Monday, July 26, 2010

longings....

Lately, I've been longing for more. More than what currently is. I believe that God wants so much more for us as His children than we give ourselves.

I used to go to meetings at Narcotics Anonymous. One of the things that I'm finding missing from my life today is the openness of the meetings. In a meeting, when it was your turn to share, you could speak what you needed to say...it was your story, your recovery, your way to process this life. I miss that.

I have another group that I go to, but I feel a pressure to be polite, to be socially appropriate. Where in the Bible was Jesus socially appropriate? Where did He not speak the truth in love and not say things that may offend? The enemy of my soul has the church so blind to how Jesus really was and how we are to be. We are to be REAL!!!

Emotions are real and loving God with all we are includes processing things emotionally, rationally, spiritually. You cannot separate one from the other or you do not love wholeheartedly.

I believe that when Jesus walked the earth, those with him experienced life in all its variety. They laughed together, cried together, faced fear together, rejoiced together. They were together.

I'm longing for the togetherness that allows us to grow with each other in all the deep areas and messy stuff of life. That's how Jesus was when He was here, that's how I want to be for others. I want to be real and not hide behind the mask of "polite" anymore. I want to be bold and not hide behind "fear" anymore. I want to live out loud and shout from the roof tops that JESUS IS COMING BACK SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment