Monday, November 21, 2011

Lemon Chocolate Fudge



I couldn't find a recipe on the internet that was what I wanted. There are chocolate fudge recipes out there and there are lemon fudge recipes (using white chocolate, I might add) out there, but there are no Chocolate Lemon Fudge recipes that I saw!

So, I looked around to get the basics of how to make a good fudge and then I created my own.

Here it is...

Ingredients:
4 cups packed brown sugar (I used light)
2 cups of butter (Yep, 2 whole cups)
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup dutch cocoa
3 to 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 TBSP pure lemon extract

How to do it:
Spray a 9x13 pan with oil and then line with parchment paper. I sprayed the paper just to make sure it doesn't stick when you take it out.

In large pot, bring brown sugar, butter and milk to a boil. Let this boil for 2 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 2 minutes. Then add the lemon extract and stand back while you mix it in, the fumes can be overpowering...

Next, get you hand mixer and gently mix the cocoa and powdered sugar into the mixture. Blend til smooth.

Pour your concoction into the pan you prepared ahead of time. Let it cool.

When it's almost hardened, lift it out of the pan and cut into squares. How many you get depends on how big you cut them, but this makes a boatload because it's a double recipe...

Happy eating!

2 comments:

  1. Ok Kelly. I have to tell you, that doesn't sound so good. I never would have thought to put lemon and chocolate together. Maybe you should bring me a piece so I can try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, you should definitely try it!! It's AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete