Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Job, New Season!

I've been with the same company for over 5 years. I love the kids I work with and really struggled with even applying for a school district job. When I went back to work after a 2 month leave for surgery, I made a choice to step out and OBEY my husband. He's been saying for about 3 years or so that I needed to find a better job. I struggled from feeling loyalty to the children and their families. I also didn't understand about the better job part, because I thought my job was pretty good. Then I got a phone call last week to come for an interview. The next day they called me and hired me. Now, I get the benefit of a grand total of 17.6 weeks off per year. I am contracted to work 172 days per year and the rest is time off. I get paid for a full 12 months. When the kids are out of school, so am I. The sad part is leaving the boy I have been working with for the last 5 months. I will miss him greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment