Thursday, May 27, 2010

Who does the building?

Isaiah 9:9-10
9 And the people of Israel[e] and Samaria,
who spoke with such pride and arrogance,
will soon know it.
10 They said, “We will replace the broken bricks of our ruins with finished stone,
and replant the felled sycamore-fig trees with cedars.”


To think that I can make anything of my life, of the ruins of my sin, that my efforts will count for anything is pride. Psalm 127:1
[ The Blessing of the LORD ] A Solomonic song of ascents. Unless the LORD builds a house, its builders labor over it in vain; unless the LORD watches over a city, the watchman stays alert in vain.


When I try to make things happen in my life, or to be something, or change something in my life, IF God is not the One initiating the changes, my efforts are vain and very prideful.

No comments:

Post a Comment